The Peter's church ist the oldest church of Heidelberg. In the late middleage it had been used several times as university chapel of the university Heidelberg. Since 1896 it is the universitiy church.
The Peter's church has been build in the 12th century and is older than Heidelberg.
In a domcument of 1196 the church has been first mentioned. The church has been donated by the diocese of Worm. In this times the region of Heidelberg belonged to the property of Worms. The name of the church refers to the Wormser cathedral. In 1225 this area was given as a feud to the palsgraves and Heidelberg was founded.